Divine intervention is something that is part of the Deity system.
Divine intervention is something that happens on a chance based upon the current Piety of your character. When the percentage is high enough, you will have a chance that your chosen deity will benefit you, depending on the deity's aspect.
Both the -pray ability and the activation of an aspect's benefit drain piety.
Praying can be done by using the command -pray. This will force your character to kneel, and will give you a semi-random effect, based on the Piety of your character and your current condition. Below are a few of the effects:
- A small, temporary, bonus (+1 or +2) to your attributes.
- A large, temporary, bonus (+2 or +3) to your attributes.
- Restoration. Will heal up to Character Levelx10 HP and 3 debuffs, such as drained levels and poisons. For each malus removed, the healing is reduced by 100.
- Restoring your Hunger/Thirst/Fatigue percentages (if one of them drops to the point where you incur a penalty).
A successful prayer will sap some of your deity's power and bestow you with one of the bonuses above. You can also use the -pray command in combat for some different effects:
- Restoration as above.
Regardless of success, a combat-prayer will cost you a small amount of experience (from 50 to 450 depending your level).
- -pray can only be used every so often, so use it wisely.