The most common subrace of Dwarves.
Creating New Character On Arelith
- Dwarven ability adjustments: +2 Con, -2 Cha
- Favored class: Fighter
- Special abilities
- Stonecunning: +2 racial bonus on Search checks made in subterranean areas.
- Darkvision: Dwarves are able to see in the dark.
- Hardiness vs. Poisons: +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poisons.
- Hardiness vs. Spells: +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells.
- Offensive Training vs. Orcs: +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs.
- Offensive Training vs. Goblinoids: +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against goblinoids (goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears).
- Defensive Training vs. Giants: +4 dodge bonus to AC against giants.
- Skill Affinity (Lore): +2 racial bonus to lore checks.
Available Sub-races (selected later in Arelith Entry area):
- Favoured Class: Fighter (for all subraces)
- Favoured Prestige Class: Dwarven Defender
- Common multiclassing is fighter/cleric and fighter/paladin.
Common are fighters, paladins, martial clerics, and rogues. Arcane spellcasters are quite rare, with few of sorcerous inclination.
Dwarves are usually lawful, and they tend toward good.
- Skin: Fair or lightly tanned
- Hair: Both gender wear long hair ranging in colors from light brown to red, with all shades fading to silver or white as time progresses. Males (and also some females) have long, carefully groomed beards and mustaches.
- Eyes: Usually green or silvered blue.
Aging, height and weight similar to dwarves for all subraces. Dwarves are considered adults at about age 50, and they can live to be over 400 years old.
Dwarves stand only 4 to 4 1/2 feet tall, but they are so broad and compact that they are, on average, almost as heavy as humans. Dwarven men are slightly taller and noticeably heavier than dwarven women. Shield Dwarves (average 4 1/2 feet tall) are taller by half a foot then Gold Dwarves.
- Bonus language: Dwarven
- Starting city: Cordor, or Brogendenstein if the player has at least RPR 10.
- Dwarven pantheon
- Shield Dwarf on FR wiki